Sunday, October 21, 2012

Do Not Disturb Please!

This incident happened a few months back though I am penning it down now. I prefer to work on my laptop or even an access to a desktop computer would do for me. But one day I had to go to the nearest internet cafe to check some important mails. Luckily I met one of my friends there, already busy typing in a corner. We smiled and I was alotted a place next to a man having a video chat. I couldn't log-in and got frustrated with the slow speed of the computer. I decided to ask the manager and stood up. The man politely shifted his seat  twice to let me pass without hindrance. It was on the second time that I noticed he was chatting with a girl, half-lying on the bed infront of her laptop. I quietly sat in my place and logged in my account. This time I was successful.

Suddenly, I heard a loud laugh. Everbody in the vicinity turned including me. It was the same man. He had his set of head-phones on and was busy chatting with the girl online, completely unaware of his surrounding. I was surprised and instinctively turned towards my friend. She mouthed 'roz ka natak hai' and went back to typing ferociously. I too quickly turned and stared at the monitor infront of me.  

"Jaanu........"   

This time it was unexpected. I laughed out unable to control myself. The man was full-on flirting online passing lewd comments. I couldn't understand whether she was his girlfriend or a call-girl.

"Thoda sa aur side main....please......thoda sa" he pleaded looking like he wanted to go inside the monitor. 

I was highly embarrased. What the hell! I couldn't concentrate on my work. Feeling goosebumps and uncomfortable, I tried hard not to hear his conversation but failed. He didn't help either. He stretched on his rolling chair and continued talking on his head-phones very loudly. Some of the words he used I cannot even mention. I am not that bold enough. One by one, people were vacating the place. My friend gave up first. She shook her head, giggled and went away, pointing to me to join her soon. But I was not ready to give it up so easily. I had paid cash in advance to avail the internet facility. I decided to bring it to the notice of the manager. I stood up and the man again shifted his seat politely for the third time and smiled. I ignored it and started walking forward. Imagine my disbelief when I saw another customer having a video chat with a girl. What the hell was happening?

"Excuse me!" I said to the manager. 

"Yes?" he asked, removing his own head-phones. I couldn't see what was on his monitor.

"I am not able to concentrate. Look at that man....." I tried to put forward my view.

He understood what I meant. But the next moment he asked,

"What do you want me to do?"

I couldn't answer properly. Understanding my irritation he asked,

"What do you mean you can't concentrate? You are writing any exam or what?"

That did it. I turned and went back to my computer. This time when I passed him, he was behaving like a majnu, requesting his laila,

"Ek kiss please.....ek aur..."

So dear readers, what is the moral for the day? When you are video-chatting, do see that others around you don't get disturbed. Everyone cannot concentrate on infront of their PCs with the words jaanu and sexy lag rahi hai uttered one feet away from them. If you do want to express your love sentiments, kindly do it at a low volume please. Plus, we have lots of lover's points and beaches in the country. You can go to avail those free of cost facilities. But please spare the people sitting around you in an internet cafe. Some like listening romantic songs and watching  Hollywood movies but cannot tolerate it in reality happening live few steps away from them!

As for me, mera laptop zindabad. It's the best. No disturbance at all. 

   










   



23 comments:

  1. Lovely Post Snehal!! Its really sad that some people are so ignorant about the disturbance they create for others!

    http://shilpikarnani.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cant stop laughing when i imagined the very actions of that man doing in front of the pc. Poor guy, god knows how he got end up in a video chat and have to satisfy himself. Sorry for you Snehal since you had to go through a very irritating experience that day. Its sad that incidents like this have become so common and we couldn't settle it since a large portion of internet cafe's itself i think so, have persons like this as a routine visitors and therefore a steady income for them. So like you said we have to rely in our laptop/PC itself at home!! :(
    Nice writing by the way . .i enjoyed it. .
    http://www.renju-baby.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading the post.

      Delete
  3. ROFL! This post actually got me laughing out so loud that my wife came rushing.

    Anyway, you were lucky he didn't start masturbating in there. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God for that! Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  4. Must say A laughing out post and incident... You wrote it too good...
    Loved the hinglish....(roj ka natak hai and all tht...)
    Wish u a very happy navratri...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Himanshu and happy Navratri to you too.

      Delete
  5. When the response is "you are writing an exam or what" one can understand that the world of cyber cafe's have evolved into entertainment/ erotic entertainment zones.

    I guess the common man won't be advised to go to such cafes anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO many people Snehal, do not care how their behavior disturbs others.Only the other day in a train i was trying very hard to read while my neighbor was discussing his business affairs loudly on his mobile NON-STOP.Even checking him made no difference.It went on during the whole journey.
    We lack civic sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience.

      Delete
  7. Yikes.. what a horrid experience. Stick with that laptop, say I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  8. Here is your award my dear fellow blogger...

    http://expressions-of-life-madhavi.blogspot.in/2012/10/first-precious-award-by-tanya-liebster.html

    Congrats!!

    Check out the link for more details...

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, it must have been embarrassing for other too.
    dumb fellow. maybe u cld hae given him a sarcastic one-liner to shut him up.
    kunj
    kohllined.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading the post.

      Delete
  10. Here is your award my dear fellow blogger...

    http://shilpikarnani.blogspot.in/2012/10/kareena-kapoorsaid-in-jab-we-met-meri.html#links

    Congrats!!

    Check out the link for more details...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Shilpi. This is a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is what I'd have done.

    Stand right behind the jerk and keep staring at his monitor till he gets irritated and turn to me angrily and ask "what's your problem?". Then I'd say "it's you idiot! Your loud pleads for revealing 'just a bit more' is irritating most of us. Either keep it in texts or do this lousy act in your home you pervert!"

    I know being a girl you did the best you could do. Anyways must've been an experience you'd never forget. Hope someday you'd tell such jerks on their face exactly how much embarrassment they are to the society.

    Happy Blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete